Today’s reading is a story that the author shared in the original book – The Circle Maker. If you’ve read that book, then it will sound familiar to you and serve as a great refresher about drawing prayer circles.
I’ve had a couple people ask me: “What does it really mean when it says drawing circles?”
Here you go:
Drawing prayer circles is a metaphor that simply means “praying until God answers.” It’s a determination to pray as long as it takes, even if it takes longer than you ever imagined. (pg 119 – Draw the Circle)
I received a text in the middle of the day today that I want to share with you:
“Have you been keeping up? Do you see how wonderful God has been?….Wow!!! These walls are going to fall. I proclaim it from the roof top!!! Your prayers are being answered – as are mine. I am seeing what God can do in our lives….I’m not sure why I am so shocked but I am just in awe of God’s goodness.”
This makes my heart so very full.
You guys are amazing. Sharing your stories and struggles and victories and just plain happiness makes every single morning of 6am so worth it! To see God move in your lives, our lives…it’s all overwhelming.
I felt underqualified and overwhelmed, which put me right where God wanted me. It is how we learn to live in raw dependence, and raw dependence is the raw material out of which God performs His greatest miracles. (pg 120 – Draw the Circle)
Those words: underqualified. overwhelmed. raw dependence. greatest miracles. YES!
And then there was this comment in the middle of the day on the blog from Aunt Debra (Can I just say that she is a ROCKSTAR circler??? And also that she has always loved singers with terrible hairstyles in the 90s…Michael Bolton, Michael English, blah blah blah. Don’t believe me? Just google their photos!):
“Oh, my…here I am thinking about you guys when I should be finishing my weekly newsletter, but tears are falling…in awe, in wonder, for Freida’s circles…I don’t know what we’re going to do come day 41, but this can’t stop. Was listening this morning to Michael English…LOVE his music, (yes, I know he wondered, but so did David)…Your Love Amazes Me…was written as a secular love song, but I think of it as His love for us. It says I’ve seen the wonders of the world, the colors of the rainbows, diamonds and pearls, BUT NOTHING compares…. your love amazes me,…I’ve prayed for miracles that never came, got down on my knees in the pouring rain…I want that…I want to KNOW HIM so badly that I would fall to my knees in the pouring rain (both physically and spiritually)…just to show Him THANKS for His amazing love…
Ok, back to work!!”
I just love that God is taking over our lives. We are marching circles around office buildings, we are sending out encouraging notes about songs that we hear in the middle of the day, we are helping hold each other up with motivation and prayer. We keep circling. We keep marching. We are praying ALAT (as long as it takes) instead of ASAP prayers!! You go, God! The enemy has been put on notice!
I leave you with a song that has been on my mind all day: Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave.
I pray that we would all do this today:
Matthew 6:33-34 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 7:7-8 Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
PS – a few technical blog tips/info/reminders:
- If you ever want to view all of the daily updates for our blog, here is the link: https://praysalot.wordpress.com/
- You can also click the words “Draw the Circle” in the top left corner of every page to take you to the home page at any time.
- Comments: Please do share with us!! You don’t have to put anything in the blank that asks for a website (that’s for other bloggers to share their sites when they comment). Your email is not made public, never put on a list of any kind and doesn’t sign you up for emails. It is only there to prove you are a human and not spamming the website.
- Commenting: Don’t feel that you have to comment at any certain time of the day – you can comment morning, noon or night, any day, on any of the pages. There aren’t any rules here, except to be nice…that means YOU, Aunt Debra! hahah
- If you read the blog first thing in the morning, go back through and read the comments that are added throughout the day whenever you have a chance. You guys have been doing an excellent job of sharing and it is so great to see your thoughts. Reading what others have to say can be a great encouragement for your own personal journey. It sure has helped me!
- I want to remind everyone: You can opt out of text messages at any time if you would like. Some people have the website link saved for the blog and they just go there everyday. Some people sign up to get emails instead of text messages. I want this to be EASY for you and I so don’t want to annoy anyone. So, just let me know what you prefer. I can send updates however you like, or no updates at all.
- I generally post these updates on the blog the night before you all read them. There have been a few days (mostly on weekends) when I update the morning of. But, I have found that doing that stresses me out and I don’t have as much time to give thought to my words. I have been sending out messages/emails around 6am and I plan to continue that for the remainder of the 40 day challenge – if you have opted to receive these.
- What’s next? A few of you have mentioned that you want to continue something after our 40 day challenge ends. I’ve already been thinking about that and stay tuned! For anyone that wants to continue studying, encouraging and praying – I’m working on a couple of ideas 🙂
- Thank you. Truly, thank you. I’m honored that so many of you have jumped in head first with me. God put us together for such a time as this. God is doing GREAT things!