We did it…We started this journey one week ago, last Sunday!
Let’s celebrate in the fact that God is working through us in so many ways:
– Eyes are being opened
– Knees are getting carpet burn
– Families are getting along
– God is working in the midst of addiction, spiritual warfare, and more
– Hearts are being stirred
– Sacrifices of praise are being sent up
– Circles are being marched
– Circles are being drawn
– Circles are being re-traced every single day
– God is meeting us wherever we are
– Revival is starting within you and me
Today is my Sabbath – a day of rest, a day to LINGER (remember that from 1 Word Wednesday?).
I’ve mentioned that God is calling me to focus on slowing down my life and pace. The Sabbath is a great place to really work on this. I am seeking intentional ways to unrush and let the unhurriedness spill over into my children and relationships with others.
Last Sunday was the first time I practiced this fully and the day was so completely unlike those before.
I’m back again to do the same and I invite you to join me.
My unrushed Sabbath looks a little like this:
– Keeping my 6am appointment to seek God in prayer
– Setting an unrushed tone and pace first thing in the morning and carrying that throughout the day
– Less planned activities on the calendar; more time to sit, reflect, rest, read, and linger
– Less focus on the never ending to-do list; more focus on recharging my mind, body and soul
– Resisting the temptation to plow ahead from one thing to the next. Accept a natural rhythm.
– Let. It. Go.
– Breathing a little deeper, and slowing down to take in the life and people God has purposefully surrounded me with. Exhale.
Day 8 in our book talks about One God-Idea.
This is a great quote to linger on for a bit:
“If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will do the heavy lifting. If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will reveal things that can only be discovered in the presence of God. If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will give us God-ideas for our ministry, family, business – for our lives.” (pg 55, Draw the Circle)
Join me in slowing down today. It will allow God to move in us as we be still in Him.
And feel free to share your comments below of what slowing down looks like for you!